Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentines Day

This was a Valentines Day to remember.
A few weeks ago my husband so kindly offered to go on a double date with Anna and her boyfriend David for valentines day (he is in the picture with her on the right of the blog)
A little preface:
Saying Anna is excited is the understatement of the century. She doesnt get to go out with david but only like once a month or every other month. So when they do go out, its always with a chaperone. What you have to understand is their emotions are very much so heightened and they become rather what can i say, horny when they are around eachother. Thats why dad has tried to instill in her brain NO KISSING when it comes to David. Anna, like any other kid with a teenage mentality doesnt always listen. They flirt and always try to kiss....yikes

Valentines evening, my brother Jeff ,his date Courntey, Anna went to go pick up David. My husband and I were meeting them at dinner. Anna insisted she knew where David lived but then got them lost so they had to call his parents to find the right way. When they picked him up, she gave him the cookies mom made with the card and balloon. The card was the best. It said on the outside, We have a pretty unusal relationship. Then on the inside it said, I am pretty, and you are unusual. Classic.
Davids parents have taught him rather well, he always gets a gift for anna no matter when they go out. Its rather impressive, even though the perfume he always gets her smells like old lady avon perfume its sweet non the less.
They exchanged gifts and were on their way.
They met up with us at Red Robin and David was wearing his classic Nascar jacket and hat. Super classy I must say. We all ordered food and I just sat and watched. My husband has always teased Anna. He pokes her in church just to mess with her and she loves every minute of it although she insists he is a pest. Well, during dinner, he was poking her, and I began to get nervous. Annas boyfriend became upset. When I say upset I mean I thought he was going to get up and try to punch my husbands lights out. He at one point lifted up his sleeve and flexed his bicep, then later he lifted up his had in a fist and shook his head. I had to calmly tell him to relax and that my husband was just teasing her. He then said for him to "back of his woman! That was his future wife"
After dinner, we went to the movies. I told Anna and David they could sit by themselves as long as they were in front of us. They sat of the back row of the first section and we sat on the first row of the back section so there was a good 6 feet apart from us. I didnt think we has a problem....i was mistaken. Aparently in their eyes, that gap meant free reign to do as they pleased. All throughout the movie they smootched. I at one point couldnt even see a gap between their heads. I made my husband throw candy at them to get their attention, when he did David flipped him off. Then later I had him do it again and Anna looked over so I was able to make eye contact with her and i said "Knock it off you two!" After the movie was over she and I were in the bathroom and I said, "We are going to have a little talk when we get home with mom and dad about you and David smootching." Her response was once again classic. She said "Um, we wasnt smootchin, we was jus ticklin each others noses." Of course...thats what it was. Nice try. Then i assured her i saw them and she said, "Well, he was jus kissin me first" That makes it okay then.
The night was eventful and filled with real live entertainment. Anna is so sweet, but i am in agreement with my mother when she said Heavenly Father saved Anna from herself. If she wasnt down syndrome, she would probably be a hussy. Oh how I love her! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines!

11 comments:

Tara said...

Cort was telling me about the date and I think Anna and her man are too cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh..my eyes filled with tears from laughing. But seriously though, she is really special and I just love that she has a man that loves her too :) So sweet!!!

Classic- we was just tickling noses! I LOVE IT!

KABSorensen said...

I laughed when Cortney told me about the date and again when I read your blog. I love Anna, she is so funny. I would have loved to have been on that date.

Cortney said...

Oh man if only words could explain just how funny those two where. I definately feel for your Mom though when she has to handle those two by herself. They are a handful! But it was way fun. Anna received more presents from him then I ever have from a guy. She obviously knows what she's doing. Smart girl!

steph j. said...

I can't wait for every new post; each one makes me laugh. I think you guys are the best parents; I don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes. It's bad enough just thinking of your children kissing and other stuff like that but to have to watch it! You really are the best mom ever!

Valerie said...

I think it needs to be clarified as well that David has a bit of a foul mouth. I want to know what he was saying to Anna about you guys interrupting his smooch session. Good ol' David with the clucking chicken as the ring to his cell phone!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Just a side note...the author of this blog is Theresa, annas best sister!

Diann said...

Well, all I can say is, I'm glad it was Theresa, Dave, Jeff and Courtney on that date - you practically NEED four chaperones for those two! But it was a very selfless way to spend Valentine's day, and I thank all four of you! Love you tons!! Mom :)

Mical said...

HaHa! I think I would have had a hard time watching the movie if I had that kind of entertainment in front of me!!

-KJ said...

My oh my. That is the best Valentines day story yet. Soooo funny. I wish I could have been there to see it!

Ann said...

Oh, man, I love this story. I was laughing out loud! What good memories!!