Saturday, March 8, 2008

Primary Chick

Annas calling in our ward is Assistant to the Secretary in the Primary. They made up this calling for her specifically and saying she takes it rather serious is an understatement. She is in charge of taking the Rolls around to each class before it begins then before it ends returning to pick them up again. She also sits in the Primary and helps keep the kids in line. What usually ends up happening is during music time Anna gets really silly singing the songs and makes all the kids giggle and laugh. She just has no fear and will do anything to make anyone laugh.
I work in the Library which is right next door to the primary. Every Sunday without fail, Anna walks by when its dead in the library and says..."Hey Theresa....everything okay in here? You need anything?" Like always i tell her nope everything is just great. Then she is on her way. Most Sundays when she is bored with the primary she ends up wandering the halls seeing if anyone needs help with anything usually its in the nursery and usually when they are passing out treats. hmmmm interesting.
Anna is the most well known person in our ward by the adults and children. Kids see her in the halls and just get the biggest grins on their faces. They laugh with her and just love her! Its so wonderful. Best of all, Anna calls the primary kids her students. She hates to go out of town and miss church because she will miss her primary and her students so much. She bore testimony of how much she missed them for over five minutes last Testimony meeting.
I just have to say how much I look up to Anna. She is so dedicated to her calling and is such a wonderful example. The ladies in the primary tell me all the time how much of a great help she is and they could give her even more responsibility and confidently know she would do it no problems.
The funniest thing is, my husband Dave always teases Anna, he is going to get a calling in the primary and just take her job over. One time we had to sub a class for two weeks and she i think was really upset thinking we were serious. She informed us..."Yah right guys...youre not takin my job from me. Those kids dont even know Dave. They know me. They are my students. So dont even think about it!"
Dave poked his head in the door to primary one time and anna actually got up walked over to the door and kicked him out. Not only is she dedicated to her calling who knew she was primary security too!
I just hope everyone can be as motivated and excited about their callings as anna is. She is an example for all of us!

5 comments:

The Scholer Family said...

Primary security sounds pretty sweet. I wish I was in your ward.

Mical said...

That is fabulous! I could use Anna in my primary!

Tara said...

Can I borrow her? I have 140 kids in primary and nursery and I am sure she would be great with all of them.

-KJ said...

I love it. ALL of my memories of Anna are from when we were in Primary!

steph j. said...

That gave me the boost I needed to start my camp calling off on the right foot...thanks!