Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Salon

Anna is the most pampered Downs girl I know. Let me rephrase that, she is more papered then most girls in general I know. She comes to my Salon and gets manicures and pedicures regularly by our good friend Kat, and about every 6-8 weeks she gets her hair colored. I have definately had a fun time trying out different color combinations on her hair and it has reached a point that this is the healthiest her hair has ever been.....that was not always the case...
You see, my mother wanted Anna's hair permed so that she could just wear headbands and it would be curly and very low matinance. Not a bad idea..however Anna recieved a gift from someone with a bunch of bubble bath and shower gels that smelled like avon, but she loved it. She got a little confused and thought the shower gel was shampoo. Thus started the downward spiral of the hair. She was using shower gel as shampoo for quite some time, with NO conditioner to ease the pain. Then, she started going to the gym and swimming. Permed hair, mixed with Chlorine, mixed with a not so great attempt at rinsing off, followed by washing with shower gel, then not always getting it all out, resulted in a terrible mess. Her poor hair was totally damaged. After a few weeks of this, I could barely ever get a comb through it. I finally asked what she was using as shampoo and she showed me. I about died. Also, the headbands....You see in the chlorified permy shower gel mess, she was wearing headbands every day and would push them back so tight it was breaking off her extremely fine hair even more. I banned the use of headbands indefinately. After not much careful consideration needed, i decided it was time.
I cut it all off. Poor thing looked like a boy for about 3 months till her hair grew long enough to curl. Once it reached a long enough length, i put a few highlights in it. I have babied her hair and it has now grown out to a cute bob with fun reds and browns and blonde highlights, and every so often I will let her wear headbands. She loves it! She loves coming to the salon and leaving feeling like a total princess. Who are we kidding, she is a princess.

One last thing..
She just came to the salon a few days ago and I was waiting for my client Jason Alhstrom. She was sitting in the chair next to us and when he arrived, i asked her if she liked his hair or if we should cut it. This was her response..."I love it! It looks sexy! He looks sexy. He is hott!" I started laughing and said, "Anna, Im gonna tell your boyfriend David" She said "I dont care, he deserves it." (Why i have no idea) But she then informed me after Jason left how sexy he was yet again. Leave it to Anna to boost anyones ego. Nothing like getting hit on by the coolest downs girl in the world! I bet it made Jason's day!

5 comments:

Tara said...

I'm telling Pili...

Valerie said...

I don't even want to know why David 'deserves it'! Insight into that relationship can be a bit scarry.

Nicole S said...

Great story....left me wondering one thing-where are the pictures of the cute bob with highlights?? Need cute pics of Anna.

Mary Stuart said...

I have not read anna's blog for a while. Thank you for the good laughs! I love you anna!! Anna caught my bouquet too! I will have to send you one of those pics.

Taylor said...

She is right though. Jason is hott and sexy