Friday, January 18, 2008

The cabin

Ever since we were little our family has gone on trips to our cabin. The cabin is full of memories both great and horrifying. Including our cousins everyone in our family has a cabin memory. This however is one of my favorites.
One particular trip anna was continually bugging Dad to let her drive the 4-wheeler. After hours and hours of bugging him he finally gave in (he is the ultimate anna pushover). He taught her and told her she is NOT allowed to drive the 4-wheeler unless someone else was with her. Never alone. Well Im sure in annas mind there are a million people at the cabin that trip so she would be able to drive all the time. Perfect!
The following morning was the best. You see in our cabin most of the couches pull out into beds and most everone sleeps on the porch or on the pull out couches. So i was on one of the couches in the main living room. I woke up at like 6am (because thats when the sun is burning a whole in your eyelids and you HAVE to wake up) and to my delight i find anna sitting on the couch like this
Photobucket

I asked her what she was doing sitting there and she said she was waiting for someone to get up so she could go for a drive on a 4-wheeler.
Later that day in the afternoon it is generally nap time....most everyone was relaxing and asleep except anna. She was determined to take someone for a ride. She insisted on not moving from her 4wheeler till someone would go with her. So after a while we found her like this
Photobucket
She is such a trooper and didnt give up! She was gonna drive!
I do have to inform you plenty of people did go on rides with her and she had lots of opportunities to be behind the wheel...or handle bars..or whatever is on a 4-wheeler...she is just dramatic Anna who loves to play the Woe is me card....lol Gotta love her!

3 comments:

-KJ said...

This pretty much sums up my little guy Spencer at my uncle's cabin. Non stop action!

Grace said...

Oh the memories of the cabin! My favorite was when she found the baby mice in her sleeping bag :)

Cindy said...

That picture of her with the goggles on reminds me of the guy from Multipicity! I have got to get me a pair like that!!